DIY magazines and TV shows may highlight the very best in interior home renovations, but it isn't just the inside that counts. Exterior home renovations can not only spruce up the way that your home appears, but also add to the resale value of your property. Whether you hire a professional contractor or plan on rolling up your sleeves, here are five ways to get the job done.
1. Replace Your Windows - Modern window fittings can complement the exterior of your home nicely while simultaneously keeping the interior better insulated. You will also see your energy costs go down. A home with updated windows and doors can also help to attract a much larger pool of interested buyers.
2. Replace Or Repair Your Roof - Your roof may still be within the warranty, but you may need to ask yourself if it is adding real value to your home's property resale value. Professional roofers can inspect, repair, or replace your roof within a matter of days from start to finish. A beautiful new roof can make buyers look twice and inquire further, just based outside appearance.
3. Invest in Landscaping - Landscaping doesn't have to be terribly sophisticated in order to make a major impact. Whether you like the look of bright-colored flowers or stately shrubs, having your yard landscaped will help you to sell your home for more.
4. Power-wash Your Home - Depending on the material used on the exterior of your home, its original color may not be accurately reflected. A dirty home is a bit of an eyesore. You can purchase power-washing attachments for an ordinary garden hose to give your house a thorough cleansing, or you can opt to hire the pros for a professional finish.
5. Repave the Driveway - Visible cracks and discolorations on your driveway can also detract potential home buyers from wanting to go inside. You may not want to mix concrete or rent an asphalt mixer, but doing this type of home improvement project yourself does allow you a lot of creative freedom. You may want to check with your landscaper or roofer and find out if driveway replacement services are available.
Roll on a fresh coat of paint, trim the hedges, and replace the shutters to make the exterior of your home a place that you can imagine other families falling in love with. Money-saving renovations such as window and roof replacement give you added immediate benefits, while power-washing is a low cost method for homeowners on a budget. Whatever you choose, you will surely make your neighbors and your realtor happy. Contact a company like Standard Roofing & Exteriors Ltd for more information.Share
24 March 2015
I was concerned that a recent hailstorm might have caused damage to my roof. While inspecting my roof, the roofing contractor noted cracked shingles and granule loss from the impact of the hailstones. I didn't want my roof to start leaking, so I immediately had the damaged shingles replaced. Hi, my name is Troy Blakely and in this blog, you'll find out about the various types of shingle damage. You'll also learn how to determine if you need to have your roof repaired or replaced. I didn't know this information until the roofing contractor explained it to me. Then I decided that I would help other people by spreading the word. A damaged or leaky roof can cause expensive damage to the inside of your home and that's why it's so important to address roof issues as quickly as possible.